Attention! This job posting is 14 days old and might be already filled.
This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
Location: New South Wales
Date Posted: 09/04/2018
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Apr, 27 2018
Experience Level: 1-2 Year(s)
At MINT PICTURES, we tell stories, human stories, compelling stories. And we are unashamed sports lovers, celebrating its lure while seeking to reveal its humanity. From kid’s TV to award-winning docos, reality TV to sport, we love ripper yarns.
Founded as North One Australia in 2007, we’ve produced content for the major free-to-air networks – Nine, Ten, ABC, SBS and NITV – as well as Foxtel and Fox Sports.
We’ve also produced content for some of Australia’s sporting organisations, including the Australian Paralympic Committee, Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, Football Federation Australia, Surfing Australia and Rally Australia.
And we’ve worked with commercial clients, such as Red Bull, Optus, KFC and Kellogg’s, as well as educational and charitable organisations, including the University of New South Wales, Football United and the Pratt Foundation. Many of our projects are funded with the assistance of Screen Australia and the state-based screen agencies.
In short, we’re fully focused and intent on injecting fresh flavour into the media landscape.
This is a rare and coveted opportunity to get a foot-hold in the Australian television industry. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be primarily focused on providing support to the Mint team and will be working across all projects from start to finish. This is a full-time position, that would be well suited to an individual with 1-2years experience in the media industry or office administration.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Production Assistant are as follows;
• Assisting with production of film shoots. This includes organising council permits and risk assessments, coordinating release forms, drafting call sheets, research, booking flights, car hire and accommodation, assisting on-set when required.
• Assisting the post-production team. This includes sourcing, purchasing and logging archive material, preparing tapes for dubbing, duplicating DVDs, logging and filing tapes and hard drives.
• Assisting with the delivery of television programs to stakeholders. This includes drafting music cue sheets, transcribing, collating publicity materials.
• Schedule management, including diary management for our Head of Factual
• Online management – updating social media sites and managing website content through word press
• Office administration – answering the phone, organising couriers, postage and stationary, photocopying, filing, creating labels, taking inventory, greeting clients, liaising with office suppliers and subscriptions, catering for the office and keeping Mint tidy!
• Managing the office petty cash float and reconciling credit card receipts.
• A bright, enthusiastic individual that has a positive, friendly and welcoming attitude
• 1-2years experience in film and television production or office administration is preferred
• Excellent written and spoken communication
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – advanced excel knowledge preferred
• Word Press & Photo Shop – some experience preferred
• Demonstrated high attention to detail
• Excellent organisation skills
• Problem solver that uses their initiative
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Drivers license is preferred
We’re looking for someone to hit the ground running with an immediate start. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com