Attention! This job posting is 14 days old and might be already filled.
This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
Date Posted: 19/02/2014
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Jun, 27 2019
One of the leading Television Facilities companies in Australia, Gearhouse Broadcast is currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated Production Manager to work in our Melbourne office.
Your duties will include liaison with clients, booking OB crews, organising travel and accommodation logistics and general office administrative tasks.
Ideally, you will have worked in the industry for a minimum of 5 years, be highly organised, with first rate computer skills, excellent attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload, with good communication and presentation skills. But most of all, you’ll be passionate about your work and looking for a great career opportunity where you can play an integral part in our small but dynamic team.
Please forward applications including covering letter and resume to:
Applications Close 5pm, February 28, 2014
Job Title: Production Manager
Based at: Gearhouse Broadcast Melbourne
Position overall reports to: Operations Manager
Position directly reports to: Account Manager
Job Purpose Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for providing assistance to the Operations Manager and Seven Account Manager in the organisation and facilitation of logistics and staffing for outside broadcasts. Liaising with all relevant stakeholders, the Production Manager must ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all clients and is also required to develop solutions to challenges and obstacles in relation to customer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities -
• To develop a close working relationship with clients and respond to all enquiries within an acceptable timeframe, all the while striving for strong lines of communication between the client and Gearhouse while fostering a solid reputation with clients for professionalism and service
• Liaise and coordinate with suppliers as required
• Organise travel and accommodation logistics for outside broadcast crews. Liaise with clients, freelancers and team members as required
• To make bookings for outside broadcast crews while liaising with clients, freelancers and team members as required
• Prioritise work and liaison with other team members, to maximise resources and efficiencies while meeting delivery schedules within project timeframes
• Prepare and provide written reports, as requested by management
• Assist the Operations Manager to maintain records of external facilities and timesheets of crews for multiple projects
• Adhere to client and internal project budgets.
• Work with the Operations Manager to ensure freelancer invoices are forwarded to Accounts Payable and freelancer timesheets are forwarded to payroll, in a timely manner
• Undertake general office administrative tasks as required
• Strive to build strong partnerships with all key stakeholders including all management and staff
• To maintain a high level of knowledge of trends and developments within the industry and the marketplace
• Assist in the identification of key areas where improvements and efficiencies can be achieved
• Participate in the ongoing training and development of yourself and your team
• Assist team members when requested and request help when necessary
• Actively participate in regular team meetings and to provide input into work practices and communicate issues
• Participate in the ongoing training and development of yourself and the team
• Participate in the department business planning processes
• Maintain conduct that is respectful and courteous to others at all times
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures, as amended from time to time
• Comply with all company OH&S legislation as appropriate and ensure that all work is performed in a manner, which does not place fellow employees or yourself in an unsafe position
• Carry out any other duties, as required and directed from time to time