Attention! This job posting is 14 days old and might be already filled.
A/General Manager - Channel 44 - Maternity Cover - 7 months full time
Location: South Australia
Date Posted: 18/08/2017
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Aug, 29 2017
Experience Level: 4-6 Year(s)
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated General Manager to lead Adelaide’s Community TV station.
The General Manager is responsible for leading Adelaide’s Community TV station including; managing daily staff and volunteers, overseeing editorial free-to-air broadcast and online, seeking and maintaining partnerships, managing local and national sales, understanding local content across multiplatform delivery, develop strong relationships with interstate CTV stations alongside Local and Federal Government to strategize beyond the expected free-to-air licence switch off date (Dec 31 2017). Think outside the square on a daily basis to improve current practices, create new opportunities, find new revenue streams and seek resolution of potential problems and challenges.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Management, Marketing, Arts or Broadcast Journalism.
• Proven managerial experience in TV/Broadcast/Media multiplatform environment or similar.
• Demonstrated excellence in editorial leadership with a strong understanding of community content production for a broadcast environment or similar, including a strong understanding of creating content for online.
• Sound experience of business development and financial management including, managing weekly budgets, meeting targets, payroll and grant applications.
• Strong knowledge of marketing and digital/social media strategies.
• Experience in change of management, adapting to an ever-changing TV landscape and implementing change initiatives.
• Superior organizational, planning and communication skills, excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Proven ability to be hands-on whilst leading and guiding staff and volunteers; demonstrated experience managing staff in a small team environment and under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with TV/Arts/Media industries and affiliated local communities of South Australia; including building relationships with local Government industry professionals.
• High level understanding of Community Broadcasting policies, procedures and values/working with a Not for Profit and volunteers (desirable)
• Being passionate about the local voice of Community media.
Please provide the following:
• Your CV
• A covering letter or statement to a maximum of 2 pages, addressing the selection criteria
• Contact details for at least two professional referees.
• Forward your complete application by no later than 5pm, Tuesday 29th August 2017
To Lauren Hillman, General Manager
By email: email@example.com
Subject Line: A/GM Maternity position
Level 7, 85 North East Rd,
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Television and Online Content posted 16 days ago.
- TV Producer posted over 5 years ago.
- Post-Production Technical Supervisor posted 24 days ago.
- Editor posted 4 months ago.
- Gaffer posted 4 months ago.