Attention! This job posting is 14 days old and might be already filled.
This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
IT Systems Administrator
Date Posted: 31/07/2015
Job Type: Part-time
Close Date: Sep, 30 2015
Do you have the knowledge, passion and experience that it takes to provide effective IT support for a mid sized creative studio?
Visual Playground is looking for a Systems Administrator in a permanent contractor position to join our team and be apart of our continuing growth and success.
Visual Playground prides itself on being a full service production studio. With a passion for design, knowledge in the latest technology and trends and expertise in animation, vfx and on-set production, VP is a collection of passionate artists who enjoy working together as a team.
We are looking for a technically minded individual who is responsible for the overall management and direction of the studio’s IT. You will be responsible for the management of the server system, Mac workstations, laptops, PC and render farm.
Who you are:
You have had at least 3 years experience in a similar role. You are technically minded, a wiz at Mac OS as well as Microsoft Windows operating systems. You will have a degree or qualification in a computer related field. You can think on your feet and work under pressure.
You have experience in:
• developing IT strategies
• working in a server room
• updating Adobe products and tools
• keeping multiple computers up to date with software packages
• working in a post production company or related industry
It’s a must:
• To have solid communication skills
• To be team oriented
• To take initiative
• To be capable and take ownership, plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
• To keep your hours flexible to tackle any unexpected problems that need solving urgently and to be available for phone advice.
You will be required for general technical guidance and support, plus we will need you to be on call to support any urgent IT problems that may occur.
Role includes but not limited to:
• Manage our entire network and server room
• Analysing technical problems
• Manage the OS environments
• Offer advisory information about workflow
• Maintaining back-ups and the archive system
• Software updates for Adobe/Autodesk/Maxon/The Foundry etc
• Software licenses and upgrades
• Managing email servers, users accounts, passwords etc
• Preparing and optimising workstations, render nodes, laptops, mobiles
• Managing internet bandwidths
• System optimisations
• Data security
• Looking after VOIP phone stations
• Managing render farm performance, and fine-tuning to guarantee maximum efficiency between Windows and MacOS.
• Looking at best practice technology for VP’s current requirements and future needs
• Creating documentation on IT procedures
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org