Attention! This job posting is 14 days old and might be already filled.
Video Post Officer
Location: New South Wales
Date Posted: 31/05/2019
Job Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Jun, 16 2019
Experience Level: 4-6 Year(s)
AFTRS is Australia’s Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film School’s in the world.
We are looking for two experienced and energetic Video-Post Officers to join our team, reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor.
You will play an important role in the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) Production Operations team, as well as helping support the achievement of the AFTRS Corporate Plan and our 2021 Vision.
As Video-Post Officer you will be responsible for:
Non-linear editing systems, video tape decks, and other equipment and software applications used for transcoding, digitisation, finishing and archiving of AFTRS productions.
Performing rushes transfers, transcoding, quality control and instigating data backups.
DCP, DVD and Blu-ray authoring and duplication.
Streaming – setup, operate and record live streams.
Offline editing – Creating educational assets for AFTRS and assisting with editing for staff and students
Providing advice and troubleshooting to staff and support and instructing students in the practical skills, techniques and industry protocols associated with AFTRS post-production workflows and processes.
Operating online editing systems for AFTRS productions, preparing conforms for colour grading and exporting completed grades.
1. Minimum 4 years’ experience in a post-production environment (broadcast, post house, advertising agency etc)
2. Demonstrated knowledge of end to end production workflows with a specialisation in post-production.
3. Strong understanding of transcoding methods, frame rates, resolutions, codecs, etc.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of offline editing and NLEs. Experience in Da Vinci Resolve and Avid Media Composer.
5. Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
6. Strong project management skills – organised problem solver with ability to manage several projects in various stages of completion.
1. Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
2. Understanding of and passion for the arts and creative industries.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
Flexible working options are available and we will genuinely consider applications for job share and part time working.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
Salary: $67,811 - $72,897 (dependent on experience) plus excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit the AFTRS jobs portal: https://jobs.aftrs.edu.au/recruitment/